Edward WEMP

Male 1859 - 1932  (73 years)


Personal Information    |    Notes    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Edward WEMP 
    Born 02 Mar 1859 
    Gender Male 
    Died Aug 1932  Bath, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Person ID I2231  Wemple Family Ancestry
    Last Modified 13 Dec 2017 

    Father Duncan WEMP,   b. 24 Sep 1830,   d. 27 Aug 1895, Bath, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 64 years) 
    Mother Catherine WEMP,   b. 10 Oct 1831,   d. 26 Apr 1910, Bath, Ontario, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 78 years) 
    Married 14 Jun 1855 
    Family ID F614  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family Olive B. MILLS,   b. 06 Apr 1860,   d. 1941  (Age 80 years) 
    Married 16 May 1884 
    Last Modified 13 Dec 2017 
    Family ID F892  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Notes 
    • From papers sent to the compiler by Michael L. Wemple on September 5, 2000:

      From the book HISTORY AND ARCHITECTURE, VILLAGE OF BATH, ONTARIO

      THE BATH PATENT MEDICINE BUILDING (Building #48)

      . . . Ed Wemp bought it (the land on which the building was built) in 1862 and we think that Wemp built the structure which exists today around 1862. Wemp used the building as a hotel. The fire insurance map of 1892 shows a two story structure whit a full-length verandah on the front. The building, on the 1892 map, is marked as the Wemp House Hotel. Also on the rear or southern side are shown a series of extensions: a one story L-shaped extension, and running further south another one story extension, a drive shed, a stable, and another one story structure. The drive shed and the other extensions towards the south do not exist today. . . .


      THE VILLAGE SHOPPE (Building #49)

      This structure was built around 1894 when Wemp bought the piece of land on which the building is situated from the Ham estate. The Walling Map of 1859 shows a structure on the site with P. Hartmore's name appearing beside it, but the fire insurance map of 1892 shows the lot without any structure. This means that whatever structure existed in 1859 was gone by 1892. . . .

      The Village Shoppe is a two story, flat-roofed rectangular structure, with a single-story, flat-roofed addition to the rear. A front addition projects slightly on the ground floor with a shed roof extending over the projection. Originally clapboard over wooden frame, the front is now faced with vertical siding on the second floor, with angel stone on the projection. The second floor at the rear has been covered with sheet metal. A single brick chimney rises above the centre of the building. The building lacks a basement and rests on a rubble stone foundation. . . .


Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources